Did you know that your website could seem perfect to you, with lovely images and client testimonials, etc but be completely irrelevant to the target audience you are trying to attract? There are many things that search engines and other marketing sites look for in a website, and most websites are completely oblivious to this. Many factors need to be taken into account but today we will only look at one of them and that is Domain Authority (DA).
What is Domain Authority (DA)?
Moz.com describes Domain Authority as "a search engine ranking score developed by Moz that predicts how likely a website is to rank on search engine result pages (SERPs). A Domain Authority score ranges from 1 to 100, with higher scores corresponding to a greater ability to rank."
So in a nutshell, websites with a higher Domain Authority will show up first in search engines - one very good reason to know what your Domain Authority is and work on improving it. Find your Domain Authority and other statistics at ahrefs.com
How is Domain Authority calculated?
Hubspot says, "Even the best on-page SEO efforts aren’t enough to rank on Google. Today, the search engine accounts for over 200 factors when it determines a SERP’s pecking order, so it’s nearly impossible to optimize your website and content for each of its ranking factors. But even though you can’t optimize for all of Google’s ranking factors, you can still optimize for one of the search engine’s most important ranking factors -- domain authority."
The tops three things that improve your Domain Authority are:
- Increase the quality and relevance of incoming links pointing to your website.
- Improve the quality of your website’s content.
- Be active and visible on social media networks.
Three small steps to get started
- Offer your expertise and publish articles on other websites or blogs and link back to your website. The higher their Domain Authority the better.
- Check the quality of content and keywords on your website, if you're using WordPress as the Yoast SEO free plugin.
- For an in-depth step by step guide, get our free Domain Authority & SEO kit here.
If you would like to publish your articles on our website see our full media pack here - we offer high-quality backlink and article opportunities at a very reasonable price. This is one of the many free benefits for our members.