Before we do anything in our business we need to know who we are. This is not defined by what people say about us, what we do, where we work or even our hobbies! Who we are goes much deeper than that. Who we are goes much deeper than what we do in business, even deeper than being a business owner. Who you are will stay the same across the board no matter what you do, if you live in an authentic way.
These are just a few questions to help you to start exploring…
- What are you passionate about?
- What would you be happy doing all day if you didn’t need to make any money?
- What are your morals and values?
- What are your deepest hopes and dreams?
- What makes you happy and what makes you sad?
- What would you like to say about yourself and your life on your death bed?
This is where you get to be as creative as you like! Explore who you are and create something that inspires you and reminds you how to be yourself and to be authentic. Here’s some of my own ideas to get you started:
Create a Vision Board and fill it with things that inspire you, your hopes/dreams and visions for your life, reminders, goals, ambitions etc. Also include photos from your life, encouraging letters, achievements etc.
Create a Scrap Book with with the same kind of clippings, and perhaps leave space for future notes and ideas? I have left space to write my business plan!