Chatbot for beginners is an easy to follow, step by step guide to getting your very own chatbot set up and running. Within a few minutes, you will have a brand new automated assistant helping you take care of your customer service and marketing. Best of all there is a great deal you can do for free or with only £10 a month you can really get into your chatbot as a pro!
Chatbot history from Wikipedia
A chatbot (also known as a smartbot, talkbot, chatterbot, Bot, IM bot, interactive agent, conversational interface or artificial conversational entity) is a computer program or an artificial intelligence which conducts a conversation via auditory or textual methods. Such programs are often designed to convincingly simulate how a human would behave as a conversational partner, thereby passing the Turing test. Chatbots are typically used in dialog systems for various practical purposes including customer service or information acquisition. Some chatbots use sophisticated natural language processing systems, but many simpler ones scan for keywords within the input, then pull a reply with the most matching keywords, or the most similar wording pattern, from a database.
The term “ChatterBot” was originally coined by Michael Mauldin (creator of the first Verbot, Julia) in 1994 to describe these conversational programs. Today, most chatbots are accessed via virtual assistants such as Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, via messaging apps such as Facebook Messenger or WeChat.
Did you know…
Email marketing is currently performing at an average open rate across all industries at 25%, according to Experian’s benchmark report, leaving a whopping 75% of users not interested in opening emails. Messenger chatbots can lead your campaigns to a 98% open rate!
ManyChat is our favourite chatbot platform that lets you create a Facebook Messenger bot for marketing, sales and support. It’s easy and free and we are a massive fan so recommend it to you too.
How to set up a chatbot
Getting started with a chatbot can be extremely overwhelming at first, so we have created a step by step guide to get your very first chatbot setup and running. For more indepth training and support please sign up to our Chatbot for Beginners Course when we will get your chatbot setup and running like a pro! People will think that you have an entire team of customer service and sales staff working for you as a well set up chatbot offers a seamless customer experience making it difficult to tell when it’s the bot or the real person chatting. Ok, let’s get your chatbot set up on ManyChat, this is assuming you have a Facebook account and page, if not, you will need to set that up first:
- Create a free account at www.manychat.com
- Accept ManyChat permissions request
- Connect your Facebook Page.
- Read through or skip the introductory sequence.
- Click the “Let’s Do It!” button.
- Create your first post.
- Click the green “Send It To Yourself” button in the top right corner or skip.
- Go to settings.
- Add your Greeting Text.
- That’s it, your very first chatbot is set up and ready to greet your page visitors.
- Ensure that Facebook is set to ManyChat default by going to your Facebook page.
- Click on settings on the top right-hand side.
- Click on Messenger Platform
- Ensure that ManyChat is showing in Connected apps
That is your very basic chatbot setup. Your chatbot can do many other things such as:
- Offer chat support on your website directly to your Facebook inbox.
- Automate answers to FAQs.
- Generate leads from Facebook posts.
- Manage your sales process and close sales.
- Advanced marketing automation
- Sync with CRM
To learn how to do all this and more sign up to our Chatbot for Beginners course for only £299 + vat or get £200 discount 😲 when you sign up using >> this link <<.
Indepth chatbot course
Don’t wait! Sign up for our indepth Chatbot for Beginners course for only £299 + vat or get £200 discount 😲 when you sign up using >> this link <<. You simply cannot afford to miss this, not setting up your chatbot will cost your thousands of pounds of lost revenue. In the Chatbot for Beginners Course you will learn how to:
- Set up and manage your own chatbot giving you a competitive advantage.
- Create automated general enquiry responses saving you many valuable hours.
- Manage your marketing process and responses generating a steady flow of leads.
- Automate your sales process freeing up your time to offer a quality service.
- Reduce marketing and advertising costs by streamlining your strategy.
- Manage customer enquiries directly from your website and Facebook page.
The bottom line will be that you will gain time, save money and increase your income! All in all a win/win/win!